Saturday, March 5, 2011

Weight Watchers Points Plus

So I went to a Weight Watchers center on Wednesday to find out about the Points Plus Program.  I signed up so I could get all of the starting materials and I bought a couple of books that tell you how many points things are.  I don't plan on going to meetings because they're too expensive but I did want to find out how the program worked.  It's actually easier than the old program.  Everyone gets 29 pts daily and 49 pts extra during the week.  Fruits and most veggies are free so basically if I am hungry and have run out of points for the day I can snack on fruit.  Everything has a higher points value now but if you add a lot of fruits and veggies to meals then it's not bad at all.  The other day I actually had to force myself to eat a sweet potato (4 pts because it's so starchy) just to use up my daily pts.  So it's working out well so far.  I just started so I won't officially weigh myself until next Sunday but I think if I keep at it, I should be fine.  My goal is to lose 45 lbs, although I would be happy with just 40lbs.  I want to get back into a size 6/8 so I can fit in my old jeans.  I also don't want to look like a cow in my wedding dress.  I think I should be able to do it....the thing I always suck at is the exercise part but I'm working on it.  I'll try to keep reporting weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment